I’m into beauty. I’m a girly-girl. I like beauty products, anti-aging goodies, sparkly things, makeup, and all things pink. And, as someone who closely watches what I put in my body, I do the same for what goes on the skin of my body.
Enter: Superfood Aloe.
Aloe is an amazing superfood that can be used externally and internally for amazing beauty results including fighting wrinkles when taken internally. Yeah, who knew?! Trouble is… fresh aloe is bitter so it’s not easy to find ways to consume it. Sometimes I drop a chunk in my smoothie, other times I add to soup (like my Beauty Soup Recipe), and yet other times I add it to salad. (Be sure to consume only the clear gel/flesh part, and avoid the yellow part or you’ll get a sick tummy and be running to the potty more than you want.)
Here’s a refreshing and energizing salad that brings you beauty internally and externally with the hydrating cucumbers, circulation-boosting jalapeno, beauty enhancing raw honey, and skin loving aloe. Enjoy.
Spicy Aloe Beauty Salad
- Cucumber, grated or shredded
- Red bell pepper, grated or shredded
- 1 fermented/pickled garlic clove, minced <– get a good knife
- Fresh oregano and basil, chopped
- 1/4 to 1/2 jalapeño pepper, minced
- 1 handful cherry or grape tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon diced red onion
- squeeze fresh organic lemon juice and some zest
- sea salt and fresh black pepper, to taste
- sprinkling of hemp seeds
- drizzle (quality organic raw) olive oil or macadamia nut oil
- 1 to 2 teaspoons fresh aloe, filleted, and diced
- drizzle raw manuka honey, (or any raw honey but manuka is extra healing)
Use a food processor with a shredding disc and process the cucumber and bell pepper. Put them in a bowl and add the remaining ingredients. Toss to combine.