I’ve been drinking a coffee shake type drink (or Dave Asprey’s Bulletproof Coffee®) for the past couple of years. I make it most mornings. Lately, I’m adding a new twist to it.
I was hesitant because I didn’t think it’d taste very good, but I tried it, and ya know what? It’s just fine! I don’t even know it’s in there (and neither does Greg – hehe). Now, I’m hooked because it’s an easy way to get some of this anti-inflammatory and brain-boosting herb/spice into my diet – daily. And, if I have a decaf bulletproof coffee at night, which I’m known to do because it’s satisfying like a dessert even though there is no sugar in it, then I’ll get a double serving of turmeric. <– Bring it!
From Dr. Weil’s website:
One of the most comprehensive summaries of turmeric studies to date was published by the respected ethnobotanist James A. Duke, Phd., in the October, 2007 issue of Alternative & Complementary Therapies, and summarized in the July, 2008, issue of the American Botanical Council publication HerbClip.
Reviewing some 700 studies, Duke concluded that turmeric appears to outperform many pharmaceuticals in its effects against several chronic, debilitating diseases, and does so with virtually no adverse side effects.
I named it Golden Coffee because it reminds me of Golden Milk, an ancient healing recipe where you heat some form of milk (dairy or non-dairy), plus ghee, turmeric (or turmeric paste), and honey.
After making my first cup of Golden Coffee, I named it such because it reminded me of Golden Milk both in color and ingredients.
Here’s what I do for Golden Coffee:
- 2 cups (hot) organic coffee
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil or MCT oil (or a mix of both)
- 2 tablespoons upgraded collagen (most days)
- 1 tablespoon grass-fed butter
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ceylon cinnamon (optional)
- cayenne tincture if I’m feeling sassy
- Today’s Bulletproof Coffee Recipe: Turmeric Essential Oil and Protein
- Lightbulb Moment: Making Bulletproof Coffee™ With My Bulletproof Cubes
- Making Red Rice With Bone Broth, Turmeric, And Tons Of Grass-fed Butter
- Recipes: Turmeric Almond Milk and Pumpkin Spice Curcumin Chia Pudding (Raw Vegan)
- Today’s Bulletproof Coffee Recipe: Mushroom Coffee