Long ago, in a far away galaxy, in another life, I blogged about good non-toxic beauty products. There are some great brands and information in that post, and you can check it out here. So why the post today?
I want to highlight some new (since that post for me) super-stars that rank tops in a couple different categories. That said, I DO use other products and I’m not including makeup in this post.
Today, I’m showcasing some products that are my all-time favorites. Basically, I buy them routinely.
Living Libations Breast Massage Oil: This oil is new to me, and I always want it in my bathroom. Simply, it’s poetry in a bottle with a sultry and magical smell. Every whiff I sniff, I feel healing vibes that transport my mind to a peaceful place.
But… Why breast massage oil? Because breasts are important. I want healthy breasts and a beautiful oil like this can help me. It’s not just for breasts though, it’s also used for massage in general and has oils for benefiting the lymphatic system. Score.
Comvita Manuka Honey UMF 15+: Manuka honey has a stellar reputation for healing skin wounds from more serious infections to simple scratches. Ergo, I always have this manuka honey on hand for beauty and booboos. In fact, sometimes I use it to wash my face (alone, with essential oils, or with oil-cleansing oil). Other times, I dab it on a zit and put one of those little bandaids on it overnight.
I’m drawn to this brand, in spite of its price, because research says not all manuka honey is the same. There’s this thing with manuka honey called UMF, and the manuka honey needs the actual letters “UMF,” which is the following according to this site:
- UMF stands for Unique Manuka Factor.
- UMF is a quality trademark and grading system identifying natural unadulterated manuka honey that has a special unique natural property found only in some strains of manuka honey.
- The UMF grading system appraises natural markers found in Manuka Honey, and assures purity and quality.
- UMF is a quality trademark and grading system protecting your rights as a consumer because not all manuka honey has this special property and among those that do the strength of the property varies.
- UMF is a quality trademark that can be used only by licensed users who must be a New Zealand company and meet set criteria.
I’m hopeful other brands of manuka honey have extra medicinal value beyond plain raw honey (though don’t shun plain ol raw honey because that rocks, too). But, just in case, I’ll stick to the one with the legitimate UMF.
Pristine Beauty Suga Suga Woo Woo exfoliator: This is my favorite exfoliator (and has been for a long time) for four important reasons.
- It smells like peppermint candy. #MintLoversUnite
- It’s made by an amazing gal who I’m happy to have befriended after finding her awesome products (watch her cute youtube videos).
- It’s filled with quality ingredients that are good for my mind, body, and soul.
- It works. It exfoliates my face (lips, too <- hello, peppermint) and hands. Actually, you can use it all over the body, well, almost all over – I’m not sure you want it on your hoo-ha. It leaves your skin soft WITHOUT making it dry. I’ve tried many exfoliators where my face feels tight and dry afterwards. Never the case with Suga Suga Woo Woo.
Eminence Citrus Lip Balm: I live in a dry climate so I suffer from chapped lips at times, no matter how awesome my diet is. I’ve tried many lip balms and the only one which literally heals and transforms my lips is this Eminence Citrus Lip Balm. The trick is to slather a thick layer on before bed during those times I’m experiencing dry lips. It takes one (maybe two) nights, and they’re soft, silky, and extra kissable.
Miessence Deodorant: I’ve been using this deodorant for years. I like the unscented and so does my husband. It works. Let me say that again. It works. There are some other decent deodorants out there but we like this one best.
That said, it’s not cheap when you pay for shipping. So, to deal with that, I buy 4 or 5 at a time. I keep three in my bathroom and give the others to Greg. It’s great. Again: It works.
Eminence Hungarian Mud: This stuff is FUN. It’s a spicy mask, and I mean spicy, that strongly tingles the skin. Some might say the experience is a bit uncomfortable, but not me. It brings a glowing flush to my skin.
According to Eminence’s website:
This world-famous treatment benefits all skin types by detoxifying skin, opening pores, eliminating toxins and increasing circulation. It includes cinnamon to fight off bacteria, ivy for vitamin C, sage to tone and heal, and paprika to stimulate and refresh skin.
There are plenty of masks out there, and many of them I like… but if I had to only pick one to use the rest of my life, I’d have to pick this one.
Living Libations Hair Shampoo and Conditioner: Last but not least, I’m going to gush about Living Libations Shampoo and Conditioner. I started off the post with this company, and I’m rounding it out with them. I’m not surprised because Living Libations makes the most exquisite beauty products.
Enter: Seabuckthorn Shampoo and ShineOn Conditioner. I have been using these products for years. However, in that time I’ve tried other options. Frankly, it’s time and money. Living Libations ships from Cananda (taking a long time when I’m
spoiled by used to Amazon Prime 2-day delivery), and Seabuckthorn Shampoo with ShineOn Conditioner aren’t cheap. Funny though, when I used to buy my stuff from the salon back in the day, I probably paid the same price and didn’t bat an eye. I shouldn’t start now.
Every time I try another brand I’m disappointed because they aren’t as good as Living Libations. These items make my hair soft and clean. CLEAN! <— that’s hard to do with uber natural ingredients. I always come back to these products.