It didn’t take long… I’m homesick for Italy.
Within the first few days of our trip to Ireland I was missing Italy with all of my heart.
This is a very different experience than I had after leaving the US. I was gone from the United States for 5 months when my brother-in-law asked me what I missed about the states. I didn’t hesitate before sincerely replying, “nothing” (save for family, of course).
Here I’m gone from Italy less than a week, and I’m craving all things Italian – cappuccino, spritz, our community at the local bar, proper pizza, loud neighbors, and more. That feeling of belonging.
So, there are a few things I’m doing to ease the heartache.
- Cappuccino and Espresso – Two of My Favorite Things About Living in Italy (Italian Expat Life)
- A Month in Ireland – Our Expat Life
- Back in Italy – Still Working on Dual Citizenship (Italian. Expat Life.)
- Italian Bus Drivers, Buying Bikes, and the Mall in Italy – Our Italian Expat Life
- Comma Drama – Italian Bureaucracy (Expat Life in Italy)