Black beans in the Instant Pot pressure cooker… that’s the only way I’ll cook ’em cuz I’m guaranteed an easy experience.
Instant Pot for the win. Again.
The Instant Pot cooks them faster and better, plus supposedly making them easier on the digestion.
Win. Win. Win.
I usually cook about 2 cups (that’s 2-cups dried, before soaking, amount), which yields plenty with which to enjoy in various ways.
- Soak the beans overnight for the best experience (or at a minimum soak them in the morning to cook for that night’s dinner). This means you put the beans in a fairly large bowl, depending on the amount you’re soaking, and add enough water to more than cover them because they’re going to soak up a lot of water. Let them soak on the counter, no need to refrigerate.
- Drain off the water.
- Put them in the Instant Pot.
- Add enough fresh water to “healthily more” than cover them.
- Put the lid on correctly. Power it to HIGH pressure for 25 minutes.
- Once the timer is done, let the pressure release naturally, slowly.
- Enjoy your beans. Top on salads, mix with salsa and cooked rice, add to soups, throw on top of some scrambled eggs.