I am in the UK right now, specifically the Isle of Wight. It’s cold, rainy, and slow cooker stew has been on the menu more nights than not.
This particular 4-Ingredient Stew (and that includes the sea salt!) has been made four times this week alone!
So easy, maybe the easiest dinner I’ve ever made.
So delicious, easily one of our favorite’s.
The main secret ingredient…
Apart from the wonderfully tender beef, the main secret ingredient is the Boursin “garlic and cheese” spread. If you’ve had it, you know. If you haven’t had it, you’re welcome.
Boursin cheese is wonderfully addictive. So creamy, flavorful, and delicious. In fact, I think I’ll go search on Pinterest for this item, I’ll bet there are tons of recipes.
Let’s make this slow cooker stew!
4-Ingredient Stew Recipe (Slow Cooker)
- 12 to 16 ounces stew beef (or your choice of beef cut)
- Sea salt
- 1 box or can of tomatoes (crushed, puréed, or whatever, your choice)
- 1 package Boursin “garlic and cheese” spread
- Slow cooker! (You could use a pressure cooker, like my favorite Instant Pot, too but those directions would be a bit different)
- Season the beef with the salt.
- Pour the tomatoes into the slow cooker, smash if needed. Add the seasoned beef. Turn the slow cooker on to low or high, your choice. If it’s low, it might take up to 8 hours for fork-tender beef. If it’s high, it might be done in 4 hours. You decide and then check on it. If it’s not fork tender, wait another 30-60 minutes before checking again.
- When it’s tender, scoop in the whole package of cheese and stir it around.
Tonight, I’m making a twist on the recipe. I’m cooking ground beef in a skillet with the tomatoes, then stirring in the Boursin cheese and serving on top of pasta. Oh yeah. 🙌🏼