Now that it’s getting warmer (much warmer in AZ), I’ve been making smoothies for lunch more often than not. They’re refreshing and they help keep my body cool.
Today’s smoothie recipe is a favorite of mine for a few reasons.
- The flavor is light and has the perfect level of sweetness.
- It’s satiating and creamy.
- It has avocado and cucumber, which are beauty foods to me.
- It’s easy, as most smoothie recipes are.
Recipe: Apple Avocado Smoothie
Yield 1 to 2 servings
- 1 apple, cored and chopped
- 1/2 to 1 cucumber, chopped
- 8 ounces (cold) filtered water or coconut water
- 1 avocado, pitted and peeled
- squeeze of fresh lime
Blend the ingredients and enjoy.