I just made my best soup ever. It’s chicken soup, but I added an extra step and an extra ingredient that took it to new levels of comfort and deliciousness.
Here’s the back story…
I love making super easy chicken soup, as illustrated here in a previous post. Everyone likes it, including my young daughter, but she’s not a fan of carrots. Weird, I know. She loves broccoli and brussels sprouts. But carrots? Meh… she’s not a fan.
I decided to try a trick this time. I blended the soup, which had lots of carrots. And, for extra wonderful-ness, I added a bit of heavy cream.
She loved it. Yay, cuz trying to get her to embrace carrots for their night-vision superpower wasn’t working.
We all loved it. It’s become the new chicken soup staple around this house.
- Paleo Recipe: Minimalist (aka Easiest) Slow Cooker Chicken
- Recipe Orange Chicken & Yams Slow Cooker Gluten Free Paleo
- Recipe Bison (or Beef) Mexican Stew Slow Cooker Paleo Gluten Free
- Recipe Garam Masala Orange Chicken Paleo Gluten Free
- A Simple Chicken Soup “Dinner” Made Before I Finish My 1st Cup of Morning Coffee